The Best Fat Burning Foods to Eat
Believe it or not, there are foods that you can eat that will increase the amount of fat your burn and that, along with exercise, can turn your body into a fat burning machine that burns fat 24/7. Try adding these foods to your daily diet for best results.
- Whole Grains – Steel cut oats, sprouted grains, and cracked wheat are all good grains to consume each day. One cup per day will be enough to fill you up and provide excellent fat burning properties.
- Grapefruit – Start your meals with half a grapefruit to take advantage of the fat burning effects and boost your weight loss.
- Nuts and Seeds – Full of good fats, nuts can fill you up, give you added nutrition and improve satiety. Be careful, though; nuts are high in fat. One handful a day is plenty. Seeds like flax, sunflower, and hemp are lower in fat, high in Omega 3s and 6s and super good for you.
- Hot Peppers – Add hot spices to everything you eat and watch the pounds melt away. The added heat produced with hot sauce and hot peppers increases metabolism during and after your meal.
- Cinnamon – This spice helps thin the blood, boosts body heat, and burns calories and fat when added to your food. Try making a tea with hot water, lemon and cinnamon with a little honey to help it all go down.
- Green Tea – Full of beneficial antioxidants and something called epigallocatechin gallate, green tea can boost metabolism and aid in burning fat. Be careful about the caffeine.
- Berries – Great as an anti-inflammatory and full of resveratrol which boosts metabolism and aids in weight loss. They’re also low in calories, so eat all you care to.
- Beans and Legumes – You can eat a lot more beans and legumes than you might think. They are high in protein and other essential nutrients. Aim to have a cup every day.
- Leafy Greens – You can eat a lot of leafy greens without ever having to worry about how much you’re eating. Prepare them without adding fat with some balsamic vinegar, shredded carrots, and liquid smoke and they’ll taste just like Mom’s. You should shoot for eating a pound or more of leafy greens each day.
- Fatty Fruit – Coconut, olives and avocado are really good foods to eat that will not only fill you up, but also give you added nutrition and healthy fat which will curb hunger and fill you up on fewer calories.
Burning fat is a full-time job, and adding these foods to your diet on a daily basis will make it a lot easier to burn more fat, faster. Start today with one food at a time, until you’re enjoying all of these foods every day.